When we think of the fresh, crisp, sweet, and spicy flavors of fall, many come to mind. Fall is when apples are the most delicious, pears are known to be at their juiciest, and of course cinnamon adds a warm, subtle spice, which always tastes right. Now, imagine taking these delightfully happy flavors of fall and adding them to a carafe filled with Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon and viola! You have just created our Flavors of Fall Cocktail — inspiring all to have the happiest of happy hours.
Recipe for Sutter Home Flavors of Fall Cocktail: (Makes One Pitcher)
- 1 Apple, chopped with skin
- 1 Pear, chopped with skin on
- 1 bottle Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 ½ cups apple cider
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- Slice optional: of apple or pear cinnamon stick for garnish
How to Make the Sutter Home Flavors of Fall Cocktail:
- In a large pitcher, add the chopped fruit.
- Then, add the wine, cinnamon sticks, and apple cider.
- Stir to combine.
- Chill for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- If desired, pour Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon and fruit into a smaller wine carafe for serving.
- Slice of apple or pear and a cinnamon stick as a garnish (optional).
If you love this festive cocktail, you may also enjoy this one. http://www.sutterhome.com/recipes/red-blend-fizz/