Wine and cheese—is there a more perfect (or more delicious) union? Not on our table!
The next time you host a gathering, whether it be a wine tasting night or just a get-together with friends, spread the yum with these DIY cheese knives made with Sutter Home wine corks. On-theme and easy to make, this project brings a whimsical twist to your tabletop that guests will undoubtedly enjoy.
You can easily upgrade your holiday cheese knives to year-long cheese knives, and take your wine and cheese night to another level with these cute DIY Knives! Gather friends and fam and relax around the table (or beach chairs) with plenty of wine to sip and cheers and cheese to spread.
Once you craft this creative serve-ware, put the knives to good use with these delectable, spreadable wine and cheese pairings:
- Sutter Home Pinot Grigio and Mozzarella
- Sutter Home Sauvignon Blanc and Goat Cheese
- Sutter Home Pinot Noir and Brie
- Sutter Home Malbec and Aged Cheddar
What you’ll need to create your own DIY Cheese Knives:
- Sutter Home Wine Corks
- Old Cheese Knives
- Flat head straight pins and nails
- Decorative beads – be careful when you are selecting these. Make sure the hole through the bead is the same width as a straight pin or nail, not larger or the bead won’t stay secure.
- E600 Glue is recommended
How to make your own DIY Cheese Knives:
- Remove old cheese knife blade from the decorative end that it’s currently attached to
- Cover the metal end that with e600 glue and insert into the cork, holding tight for 30 seconds for the glue to take
- Choose your bead with either a straight pin or nail
- Cover the pin/nail w/ E600 glue, insert through bead and insert into the top of the cork
- Once the glue is dry, clean the blade of the knife and you are ready to entertain!