11 Tips for Hosting a Mixology Party
Tap your inner mixologist & have some fun making wine cocktails! They're easy to make, fun to practice making and you can use anything that you love to drink. You can enter your final creation into our Facebook contest! Make your practicing even more fun - invite some friends over & make a party out of it!
1. Gather your bar tools, like a shaker, muddler, strainer & jigger. Learn about which bar tools are the best to have on hand.
2. Pick your favorite mixers. Some suggestions would be sparkling fruit sodas, sparkling water, sweet & sour mix, juices, sodas and anything else you love! Learn more.
3. Choose garnishes. You can get really creative with these - think of anything you'd see on a spirits cocktail and also anything you like! Lemons, limes, strawberries, cranberries, candy, herbs - the options are endless. Learn more.
4. Have some sugar on hand. You may want to sweeten up your drink or sugar the rim of your glass. Either way, have some sugar on hand to try out new things!
5. Buy the wine! Choose all different types of Sutter Home wines to make all different kinds of wine cocktails. Tip: buy 187ml mini bottles so you can try all different kinds easily! Pop them in the refrigerator for easy grab & go.
6. Lots & lots of ice. You'll need a lot of ice to shake up your cocktails.
7. Create your invite. Use a free service like Evite to email to your friends or dare to be different & send physical invitations! Order some cocktail party invitations online or find some at your local card store. You could even cut paper into the shape of a martini glass & create your own! Your friends will love them.
8. Set the table & counter. Put out all of your glassware (martini glasses, pint glasses, brandy snifters, shot glasses, wine glasses, champagne flutes, highball glasses, rocks glasses, daiquiri glasses...) for your friends to choose from. Sprinkle some cocktail-themed confetti on the table. Have a separate area for wine & mixers, garnishes, ice & glassware. Have bar tools easily accessible.
9. Encourage everyone to try new concoctions! Like we've said before, we tried some cocktails that really didn't work, so we dumped it out and tried again. Have fun with it! If you like all the flavors you put in the glass, you'll probably love the result.
10. Grab your camera! Capture the party to relive the fun later. Post your pics on our Facebook page - we'd love to see them!
11. Record the cocktail recipes as you go along so that you can enter them into our contest! You could win a $250 gift card for Crate & Barrel - perfect to get all those cool bar tools you've always wanted.
Have a great time & let us know how it goes!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Inspiration Cocktail: Pinkatini