A Different Kind of Sutter Home Recipe: Cupcakes!

Usually we spoil you with cocktail recipes, but today we're going the food route with Sutter Home Moscato Vanilla Cupcakes! Try these out for your friends with a glass of chilled Sutter Home Moscato - we know they'll be sweet on you!

SUTTER HOME MOSCATO VANILLA CUPCAKES
-2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-3/4 tsp. salt
-1 1/4 cups sugar

-1 cup oil
-1/3 cup Sutter Home Moscato
-3/4 cup buttermilk
-2 large eggs
-1 tsp. white vinegar
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 cupcake pans with liners. Combine first 4 ingredients and sift. Combine next 5 ingredients and mix until blended. Mix wet ingredients into dry and mix until just blended. Scoop into prepared cupcake page, filling each 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until done. Should make 12-18 cupcakes.

SUTTER HOME MOSCATO VANILLA FROSTING
-4 oz. cream cheese - room temperature
-4 oz. butter - room temperature
-2 tbsp. Sutter Home Moscato
-1/2 tsp. vanilla
-2 cups powdered sugar
Combine cream cheese and butter, mixing well. Add Moscato and vanilla, mix together. Add powdered sugar and whip until smooth and light. Frost your cooled cupcakes.

Comments

Submitted by Danielle on

The instructions says mix the next (5) ingredients however there's only four (4) after mixing the initial four (4). Are eggs the missing ingredient? I want to make these for the Superbowl.

Submitted by Melissa on

I made these and they turned out fantastic! The wine flavor is subtle and you probably wouldn't even know it was there if you weren't looking for it. But that being said this is just a fabulous cupcake recipe.

Hi Danielle - You are so correct! Boy is our face red. Thank you for the catch! We fixed the recipe.

Submitted by Stacey on

I'm going to try and make these with the Pink Mascato and add cocoa powder for a chocolatey Valentine's Day treat.

Submitted by S on

Do you have any suggestions, if I want the Moscato flavor to be slightly more noticable but still have balanced cupcakes that aren't runny?

Submitted by Desiree on

My cupcakes didnt turn out very sweet, although I thought they were delicious anyway. Are they suppose to be super sweet?

Hi S - We haven't tried any other version of this recipe, but we will have to now! We were thinking maybe about bumping up the Moscato flavor in the frosting...thoughts on that?

Hi Desiree - These cupcakes lean to the less sweet side. Did you alter the recipe at all to make them sweeter? Let us know if you did and we'll do a follow up blog post on it!

Submitted by Ebony on

sounds delish!!! i will be trying this!

Submitted by sha on

I will be trying these very soon!

Submitted by Debbie on

Going to make these for my sister for our reunion. Haven't seen her since 2000!! Very excited.

Submitted by Sara on

I CANNOT wait to try this!! yummmmmmy!!!

Submitted by Robyn on

These turned out pretty well for me even tho I added too much buttermilk and got a full two dozen cupcakes. Kind of taste like cornbread and the frosting is addicting!

Submitted by Candice on

Making them right now, I'm so excited!! Made a moscato, strawberry glaze to put on them too!

Submitted by s boothe on

Just took my first batch out of the oven, I used the Pink Moscato. Hope all my friends like them.

Submitted by Dot on

Awesome recipe! I used the Red Moscato to give it a little bit of a different flavor!

Submitted by Kay on

Can you specify the type of oil used? Thanks.