Sutter Home's Build a Better Burger - 1 Day Left!

You've been grilling & tasting & grilling & tasting for months. Your recipe is perfected. You now only have one day to get your recipe submitted into the 2011 Sutter Home Build a Better Burger contest!!

Thousands enter, only one will win the $100,000 prize. Will it be yours?

Comments

Hi Sally - We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. Here's the snippet from the rules that states the dates & times: "Online entries must be submitted between 9:00 AM PDT on April 15, 2011 and Noon PDT on August 31, 2011." Here's the link to the full rules: http://bit.ly/exIWx9

Submitted by Genevieve Nadler on

HELP!??? I am just reading these comments. Like Pam,I sent my recipe in yesterday around noon CT. I had to reenter it 2 times then on the last time, I finally typed it in word and did a cut and paste.I checked for the rest of the day and did not get a response. In the process of reentering and right after last submission, realized I had a typo on proportions of meat. It was supposed to read 2 lbs. sirloin not 1 lb. :-(
Guess I'll have to save it for next year....

Submitted by Genevieve Nadler on

Like Pam I entered it several times, with no response...not that she sent hers in on the 31st.

Submitted by Sally on

I'm so disappointed! It's 7:10 CST August 31, which means it's not yet midnight *anywhere* in the US, and I just logged on to discover the contest is CLOSED! Usually a deadline means midnight, wherever the contest is headquartered.

Please consider that next year for those of us who work on our recipes until the last minute, assuming that an August 31 deadline means August 31.

Submitted by Lynn on

Why does the home page say contest closed at 9am central time when the rules say noon PDT on August 31? I also submitted my recipe and didn't get a confirmation

Hi Lynn - We're not sure where you saw the 9am CT mention. Can you send us the link? The contest officially closes at noon PT today.

If you didn't get a page that said thank you after you submitted your recipe, be sure to resubmit.

Good luck everyone!

Submitted by Teresa C. on

Absolute GLEE! :) I've had so much fun creating, testing, tasting and writing - I can't believe submissions are at an end and it's all in the hands of the judges now!! Here's to all the burger aficionado's out there - 10 of us will grill for the big time!! Cheers!

Hi Pam! If you did not get a confirmation page that said Thank You after you hit submit, please re-submit your recipe! We want to be sure it comes through. Thanks!

Submitted by Jacqui on

Hi Pam, Mine did say Thank you for submitting... One time I took too long and it took me back to the info page. So definitely resubmit =]

Submitted by Pam on

Thank you for your responses! I am glad I asked! I am going to resubmit now!

@Cynthia - The recipes are added to the Burgerbase after the finalists have been announced. Visit our Facebook page and website in a few weeks to find out who the finalists are!

Submitted by Cynthia Bingaman on

I submitted two recipes and received confirmation for both, but I don't seem them in the burgerbase. Is this an indication that the recipes weren't received, or do only some make it into the burgerbase? Thanks for your help.

Submitted by Pam on

Do we get a confirmation of a submitted recipe? I submitted mine, but it went back to the "enter your recipe" page. I am not sure if it took me to long to enter my information or if that is what it is supposed to do. Anyone else get a confirmation e-mail or did you go to a page that said your recipe was submitted? Help! :)