Why bring Build a Better Burger 2010 to Miami?

| Posted by juliana for Sutter Home

Not only is Miami fabulous, fun and food-a-licious (that’s right…I did just use that word), but it is the hottest spot for ANY event, especially Sutter Home’s Build a Better Burger.

Here is our Top 10 list on taking Build a Better Burger to Miami Beach:

#10. Sutter Home Build a Better Burger Contest received more entries from Florida this year than any other state and let’s face it, nothing says “party” like grilling on the beach.

#9. Miami Beach was dubbed the Sun and Fun Capital by Jackie Gleason back in the 1960s, and 50 years later, it is still the hottest place to party.

#8. No matter where you are in Florida, you’re never more than 60 miles from a beach.

#7. South Beach has become synonymous with foodie fun – case in point, The Annual South Beach Food & Wine Festival.

#6. Snooky, the Kardashians and the Real Housewives strut their stuff on Ocean Drive.

#5. Miami is the best place to make a tackle – it has hosted more Super Bowls than any other city.

#4. Although Miami is home to plenty of manly sporting events, it is the only major city in the US to be founded by a woman.

#3. Burgers and the beach go hand in hand. Ask Rachael Ray, who launched her Burger Bash in South Beach.

#2. Chart toppers Jason Derulo, Sean Kingston and Flo Rida all call Miami their hometown. And, where would Latin music be without Gloria?

And the #1 reason Sutter Home Build a Better Burger Contest Loves South Beach is… Two words: Le Bron

Now that we’ve shared our top 10 with you, why don’t you share some of your thoughts on Miami Beach?

What would you say the #1 reason to take Build a Better Burger to Miami Beach is?

Thumbnail Credit:
        CC BY-SA 2.0

Comments

i would loved to have won. I am from So.Dakota, so i have never seen a beach. Heck i have never even had a honeymoon and we just celebrated our 40th anniversary. congrats. to the winner, i am sure it will be a great trip. I make a good hamburger if i do say so my self, i like to try making different foods, wish i could make one for you. A good sutter wine with it, yum...

Submitted by Sharon on

I think Sutter Home Build a Better Burger going to Mimi was a great idea.Miami has everything If you like the party life it's there,if you want peace and quiet you got it.If you want to soak in the sun or chill in the shade under a palm tree go for it,it's there.Now they have Lebron which is huge.How can you top that? By building a Sutter Home Better Burger in Miami.Just picture yourself under a palm tree laying by the water watching Lebron getting his game on and sinking your teeth into a Sutter Home Build a Better burger what else can you ask for.

Submitted by Pam Foley on

Had I been chosen I would have loved to enjoy the beautiful sunshine and the beach. Haven't had a real vacation for 2 years. Miami Beach is the home of the Golden Girls, I still love that show! It appears a really good reason is the weather, and it seems to have many things to enjoy. I will miss out, but I hope those that have been chosen enjoy Miami to the hilt.

Submitted by Gary D. Schoepf on

SUTTER HOME: Had my 'GoBigRed' Nebraska Beef: 'Surf and Turf' burger made the finals, it would have been perfect for Miami Beach. However, my wife of 51 years said she "would rather go to California!" Ha! We are busy with 'football tailgates' and family tasting the gourmet burgers....so congrats to the finalists, and good luck! GShep

Submitted by Burgerlover on

Miami sounds amazing! A wonderful change for an amazing cook-off.

Submitted by Teresa Alexandar on

Take me to Miami and I'll BRING the burgers! I'll have the cooler packed with Sutter Hill wine and all the fixings! One great reason to have Build a Better Burger in Miami is it's thousands of miles from my job!!! Get me out of town! On the road again with me and my rosy red vinoooo... Goin to Miami soon... gonna be a Sutter Hill burger tycoon...

Submitted by ROBERT KAMENY on

Wanted a list of winners! Where do I get it?