Luckily, hosting an inviting party to celebrate our U.S. athletes is much easier than training to be one. Enjoy these fun tips and tricks for throwing a party that may very well win you a gold medal from family and friends. Creating great memories filled with gold-medal-winning moments has never been more fun, festive, or delicious.
START BY CREATING A USA-THEMED TABLESCAPE.
- This can include a red, white, or blue table cloth, matching napkins, plates, cups, balloons, and a gold bouquet of flowers.
- For added tablescape flair, use three serving stands to emulate first-, second-, and third-place medal podiums.
- Use them for your winning appetizers and desserts.
- Maybe you can find gold, silver, and bronze colored plastic serving platters to sit atop the podiums.
There are so many easily available foods you can use to create your own winning favorites for your team at home. Here are a few we recommend.
CREATE HOME TEAM FRUIT, VEGGIES, AND DESSERT PLATES:
- Use blueberries, blackberries, cut strawberries, pineapple, and green grapes.
- For your veggie plate, use eggplant, black olives, cherry tomatoes, yellow and green peppers, and zucchini.
- For dessert, serve cupcakes with USA-themed icing and sprinkles, and sorbet or ice-cream with five colorful flavors.
DON’T FORGET GUESTS WITH ATHLETE-SIZE APPETITES:
- Serve up burgers, hot dogs, and onion rings with USA-colored condiments and toppings.
SUTTER HOME GOLD-MEDAL-WINNING WINES:
- May we suggest serving our deliciously refreshing gold-medal-winning Sutter Home wines? Consider our Sutter Home Red and Pink Moscato, White Zinfandel, Bubbly Brut, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, and Sauvignon Blanc, to name just a few.
LET YOUR GAMES BEGIN:
- For friendly competition among friends and family, play these backyard lawn and pool party games.
- 1. Ring toss
- 2. Hula-Hoop
- 3. Frisbee
- 4. If you have a pool — pool volleyball, swimming, and raft races
CELEBRATE WINNING GUESTS. Reward winners of your backyard or pool sporting events with one of our Sutter Home gold-medal-winning wines.